At Heather D. Miller Nichols PA, we are dedicated to the well-being of the next generation. Your children are your future. We believe it is in our best interest to ensure that your children’s needs are met with abundance.
Attorney Heather Cooke is not a traditional North Carolina lawyer. Taking an innovative approach, she upholds her strong belief in the fundamentals of a healthy family. We are committed to making your life easier. While we may not be able to fix your family, we can help take one struggling family and turn it into two healthier, happier families.
We offer family law services in the following areas:
- Child custody and visitation plans: Spending time with your children is important. We are focused on what is best for your child while maintaining healthy relationships with his or her parents. If your custody case involves abuse and neglect and the judge moves you to juvenile court, we will not abandon you. We are experienced in the juvenile court system and are able to assist you, should your case take this turn.
- Child support agreements: Your children deserve the best and we work diligently to obtain the fairest possible financial support.
- Temporary and emergency orders: These custody orders serve as a placeholder until more of a more permanent, amicable agreement can be made.
- Child custody and relocation for military personnel: A divorce in a military family can be complex and our knowledgeable staff understands these families and the laws that apply to them.
- Divorce and separation: Our experience representing individuals in divorce and separation proceedings can benefit you.
- Spousal support: This comes in two varieties: temporary alimony (known as post-separation support or PSS) and permanent alimony. How much and how long you receive/give spousal support should be fair to both spouses.
- Property and asset division: This includes a wide variety of assets, and it is important to consult a thorough lawyer when dividing your marital belongings.
Choose A Compassionate Ft. Bragg Military Family Law Attorney
As a mother, our Fayetteville family law attorney understands how important children can be. As a long-time resident, she has developed the ability to speak the same language as those in the military. She is proud to work with the servicemen and women of Fort Bragg.
First a paralegal, then a lawyer, attorney Cooke understands the details involved in building a case. At our firm, we believe in offering practical, straightforward legal advice. We see no benefit in offering false hopes and unrealistic expectations.
Contact Heather Cooke To Kick-Start A Brighter Future For Your Children
Our office is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to noon Friday. If public schools are not in session due to a holiday or inclement weather, our office will also be closed. We, too, are dedicated to spending as much time with our children as possible.
How To Find Us
Our office is in the business district of Fayetteville, five minutes from the Cumberland courthouse and Fort Bragg. We are easily accessible by the MLK Freeway and Bragg Boulevard.